Sunday, 30 April 2017

BeFit: London

This year I went to Be Fit London, a fitness based festival. It was held in the business design center on Upper Street, Islington (the best high street in London in my humble opinion) and it was bloody amazing! There were fitness Youtubers such as Zanna, Clean eating Alice, Grace Fit UK, and Joe Wicks among many other people in the industry. The place was filled with stalls selling protein powders, activewear and healthy snacks. There were also loads of talks with nutritionists and personal trainers.

As soon as we walked in we watched Madeline Shaw's cooking class, where she made fritters and talked about the benefits of eating organic and the food industry in general.




I particularly loved the talk about body confidence and the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle. I learnt so much. One talk discussed binge eating and how we have to let go of our food guilt, which is something I was dealing with a lot last month.



I've long been a fan of Oatly, a great oat milk brand. I'm 90% sure they were sponsoring the event because their branding was everywhere in sight! I fully expected this beetroot latte to have coffee in it, you know, as its called a latte? but it was essentially just beetroot juice and foamed oat milk. Healthy? Yes. Tasty? I didn't think so, but Kerry loved it.


They were giving out samples of Acai bowels (pronounced Ah-si-ee), and it was delicious. They sell packs of frozen acai by this brand which I believe they said is available at Tesco. I'm tempted to buy this and make my own acai bowels at home, however as I'm cutting out refined sugars, so I may give it a miss.



She Supps was a great protein brand I discovered at the festival. They sell both whey and vegan proteins in a range of flavors, in beautiful, very instagramable Jars. Their re-fill packs come in more Eco friendly paper bags which you can get online. Their protein tastes great with almond milk or just plain water. They also gave me a free protein shakes inside my shaker, when I went back to the stall a second time they refilled my shake again, for free too! (There was 30g of protein in each shake, I had so much protein that day)

The other brand of protein I bought was by 'MissFits' I tasted the vanilla sample and pretty much instantly bought a pack. Its sweetened with steevia and is the best protein I think I've ever tried.






Near the end of the day we did an intense cardio based workout class with fitness Youtubers and personal trainers Tally Rye and Victoria Spence 2 founders of Girl Gains which is a movement that aims to inspire women to become fitter, healthier and happier.

although hard, it was brilliant. There's something about working out with 200 other people that really motivates you! There was a lot of jumping squats, press ups, lunges and things like that. We went to the Nags Head pub afterwards. So after that class, I had to get chorizo mac and cheese pizza? I walked 15,000 steps that day (not including the class) so I definitely deserved that pizza. It was delicious.


The next day in the gym I felt so inspired from the festival. It was a great day, the energy of the place was just buzzing with positivity. Although there was the odd guy here and there, the festival is primarily aimed at women. That's not to say that men can't go of course. There's a lot to see and do there, Kerry saw a chiropractor there for a free consultation, and he pretty much fixed her back problem! I'll definitely be going next year, I've never felt so empowered and inspired to be healthy. If you missed it but want to go to a fitness festival this year, Balance festival is happening in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment