Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Afternoon tea at The Hummingbird Bakery


Today we went to the Hummingbird bakery in Richmond. I've never tried their cakes before so I was super excited. I bought some new clothes recently so I wore my New York baseball style shirt from New Look and H&M skirt. I also had some new make-up bits I'd been dying to try, so red lips for the day time is acceptable, right?






I'm wearing the Zoeva Cocoa blend palette on the eyes (full review coming soon) substitute for love all over the lid, freshly toasted in the crease and beans are white in the outer edge. Liner is Stila stay all day, mascara Benefit roller lash.





The lip color is Too Faced melted liquid lipstick in Melted Ruby, a beautiful ruby red.








We opted for the afternoon tea, and for the price each of their cakes cost, it works out to be fairly economical. 






Out of all the teas I own (about 35 - not exaggerating) I've never tried anything from Tea Pigs, we had the traditional breakfast tea and it was very, very good. Also, fanciest looking tea bag I've ever seen.




We got the salted caramel cupcake, red velvet cupcake, pumpkin spiced scone, brownies, peanut butter whoopie pies with a side of clotted cream and jam.














The salted caramel cupcake was the thing dreams are made of. The perfect amount of salt to complement the buttery taste of the caramel.






Our favorite part was the pumpkin spiced scone, it was rich, spicy, earthy, amazing. So good I'm going to have to try and recreate it here on the blog for you guys, you have to try it!








All in all a wonderful experience. Go hungry, because those cakes are filling as hell for two people, so filling we had to take our remains home. Everything I tried (minus the peanut butter whoopie pie, I hate peanut butter) was delicious, and made incredibly well. I can't recommend The Hummingbird Bakery enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...