Tuesday, 25 November 2014

November favorites



People have been raving about the Rouge Edition velvet lipsticks for a while now, and with good reason. These liquid lipsticks make lips feel and look like velvet and gives a highly pigmented, matte stain finish. This claims to last 24 hours, I haven't ever given it that test but its a pain to get off before bed which is a sign of its staying power. There are 8 shades and I can see myself collecting them all, my favorites right now are the deep, blood red 'Grand Cru' (left) and the dark pink 'Ole Flamingo!' (middle)





This is the best lip balm I've found, I say balm but its technically a medicated cream. I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Palmers Coca butter lip balm and needed something soothing and moisturizing in equal measures. Blistex relief cream feels so refreshing on the lips, particularly soothing if you have a cold sore. It sinks in almost instantly but also leaves a surface layer on the lips meaning  it lasts a good few hours. I like to layer it on thickly at night so I wake up with soft, non-chapped lips. I much prefer it to the EOS lip balm.





I love the combination of salty and sweet, salted caramel, candied bacon, and chocolate covered pretzels are my idea of heaven. I used to melt chocolate, dip pretzels in them and then leave them in the fridge to set, so I'd have them to snack on throughout the week. That was before I discovered Flipz, the white fudge ones are amazing, they taste nothing like fudge but I don't care, that's how good they are.





This is fairly recent purchase but it gets a mention because its so similar to the holy grail / bloggers favorite Bioderma that it might as well be the same product, for a fraction of the cost. Not only is the packaging similar but they both have a lot of the same ingredients. It takes off all make-up without drying out the skin. And, you get an insane amount of product for your money - 500ml! you can get it here but its cheaper to buy in store at Beauty Base.





There was a time when I thought cleansing balms were a load of fuss over nothing, cleanse my face? with oils? no no. But I was so wrong, oil based products are amazing for oily skin, any skin actually. Since using the Moringa cleansing balm by Emma Hardie, my skin is noticeably softer and smoother in texture. You rub the balm into dry skin and then wipe off with a warm, damp muslin cloth. After every use my skin feels deeply nourished and hydrated, well worth the money. Also, its smells amazing.





These Large cotton pads were a Zoella inspired purchase. I know its weird to have cotton pads as a favorite but they are so much better than using a million of those tiny disk shaped pads. You can buy these ones from the baby section of supermarkets and drug stores. Each pad is about the size of a large hand, making it the perfect size to cover the whole face, particularly good if you're wearing a lot of make-up. Although I only use make-up remover to get the bulk of my make-up off, I then go in for a proper cleanse with a face wash.





I am obsessed with the Starbucks Christmas lattes. I love coffee at the best of times, but when they are mixed with spices and come in red Christmas themed cups I love it even more. The Gingerbread latte was one of those drinks I sipped and thought 'wow, I could legitimately live off of this forever', writing this makes me want one right now.





Furry socks! I didn't even really know these existed until this year. My little sisters came home with bright, furry socks from Primark, which I then stole borrowed, and now I don't know how I got through Winter without them. I get cold very easily, so these are the perfect, stylish way to keep warm. They are so comfortable too, its like walking on clouds.





A caramelized biscuit spread. Let that just sink in for a minute. Me and my little sister saw these in Asda and instantly, both the crunchy and smooth versions went into the basket. Its a very thick texture, almost like peanut butter, which goes well with so many things. Spread onto pancakes, on toast with slices of banana, in cheesecake, you can bake it into brownies, blitz it into smoothies, the delicious possibility are endless. And its made from all natural ingredients.





I bought this gel eyeliner on a whim when I needed a gel liner to do my halloween make-up, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I'm not a huge fan of Rimmel (where are the foundations/powders for darker skin tones Rimmel, hmm, hmmmm?) I do prefer Maybellines Lasting drama gel liner as its much darker, however this Rimmel one still does a great job. Once its set it doesn't budge, and the brush it comes with is the perfect size for creating small to thick lines





This is the most amazing drug store powder I have ever found, ever! The Revlon nearly naked powder is so finely milled, its definitely comparable to MAC and way better than my expensive Fashion Fair powder in terms of oil control. It will keep skin matte for at least 5 hours and gives a natural finish. It gives a little coverage but not too much, great for oily skinned people that hate that super matte finish. 





This is my second tube of the GOSH BB cream which is saying a lot in itself. This is one that will always be in my make-up bag. Why? its a light coverage foundation, face primer and moisturizer all in one. It provides a smooth base for foundation, definitely one for those who don't like the slimey feel of silicone based primers like the Benefit Pore-fesional. In the summer I wear this alone with concealer and it looks just like fresh, healthy skin. You can rub it into the skin just like a moisturizer, you almost don't need a mirror!


xoxo <3

1 comment:

  1. awesome post hun! there's some things on here that I'd love to try, especially the BB Cream :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...