Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Photo diary - Drowning in coursework.

I have so much to do, so much in fact that I shouldn't even be writing this blog post, but I'm a rebel you know.

I picked up the old SLR after a long absence, clear and crisp images you will see on the blog in the future, promise. I've been kind of boring lately, studying, reading and not much else has been going on. I don't have much money right now so that's the main reason but also because I have a lot of coursework to catch up on, but that's nothing new. I'm excited for things though, my friend is having a baby shower (aaaaaah) and I have two friends birthdays this month, I'm reeeeally excited for the 7th of April because that's when I get paid, it can't come soon enough! until these fun things, here's what I've been up to lately. 






Experimentation's in healthy eating, banana and blueberries on wholemeal, seeded toast, drizzled in honey and cinnamon with a mug of green tea.







Experimentation's in un-healthy eating, chocolate orange biscuits dipped in vanilla custard, so wrong but so right.




Cleaning.




I don't often talk about the blogs that I read, but one of my all time favorites is 'Joy The Baker' and you should check it out for great and inspired recipes. 






I'm going to be honest and say I only watched this because it has Johnny Depp in, but it's a pretty decent film actually.






Disco ball nails, I'm addicted to l'oreal Paris nail polishes, good staying power and the glitter one is seriously awesome.





Alternative ways of people trying to see the same phone screen.




My past-self didn't trust my future-self not to waste all my money.





Kitchen selfie, bye bye red hair.






Dissertation research, I hate studying in the library so so much.





Bar fun with friends.






Pizza for one, the loneliest of sentences. 




In love with my new laptop! love the fact that the 'E' button works and I can use the internet now without it disconnecting every ten minutes, its the little things.





Its gotten to that point in the year where no one in class cares about what they look like anymore, that extra time in the morning doing hair, applying make-up and carefully choosing an outfit is now spent sleeping. We're all so close to graduating and you can see the panic/stress on some peoples faces. I'm definitely feeling the pressure with the amount of work I have to do. To give you more of an idea, here is what I have to do just this week:

write 2000 words more of my dissertation,
finish the book 'Blood Meridian' by Cormac MCarthy and start 'American Psycho' by Bret Easton Ellis
Write a memoir, around 1000 words
Read a Loooong article for 'Existentialism in Literature' class

Nobody promised uni would be easy! you know when you have so much to do, that you just take a nap? that's what I feel like doing, but I also don't want to fail so - abrupt end to blog post. 

5 comments:

  1. loved this post ^^ your nails look so pretty!
    good luck with allllll the uni work and exams and stuff. you can do it!
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha amanda! I absolutely LOVED this post! I just came across your blog and I love how real and wonderful (and very funny) your pictures and posts are! Such a fan :) well done!

    www.dearyoulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! That honestly means a lot to me, I only just found out recently that a lot more people read my ramblings than I thought which is nice! 😊 xoxo

      Delete
  3. omg your breakfast looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always try to have different breakfasts most days because I get bored with food so easily!

      Delete