Monday, 16 September 2013

Art

I've been known to push the paint around, I studied art at GCSE and A level, and I almost studied art at degree level too but I felt like I was a better writer than painter, and also art is one of those things you can't really teach (at least I think so) because everyone has their own idea of what art is. You could say that about writing too, but for me at least, art is easier to teach yourself. Since secondary school I haven't really been painting and drawing like I used to,  not because I don't have time or because I don't like it any more. I just have to be in the right mood to do art - which is probably why I didn't get a very good grade! but whatever. I don't think I'm particularly good, or ever will be actually because I don't practice enough. But there's something about drawing and painting, or creating in general, that just makes me happy. Recently I've been drawing and painting more because I have all this free time and nothing else to do. Here's some of the stuff I've done in the past, and some more recent things.





Terribly proportioned ship, oil paints.


 A sliced piece of shell, chalk.



A shrivelled up little flower, oil pastels.


A rose, oil pastels.


The inside of a flower, oil paints.


A dead flower, pencil.



Concept art for the game 'Final Fantasy X' Pencil.


Random abstract painting, oil paints.


dead tree scene, pencil.


Model's face from ID magazine, pencil.


I saw this page in the back of ID magazine, and the background for some reason reminded me of the artwork 'Giraffe on fire' by Salvador Dali - which looks like this:


So I decided to just draw it on that page. I'm very into surrealism.




I think the zombie Warhol inspired painting is my most recent painting, I ran out of white paint that day so I just used all these weird colours and produced this. Most of my art is very random. I think everyone should do art, it has such a calming effect. Right now I'm sketching a picture of Awen from Lord of the rings, again, random! I'll show you all when it's done.

4 comments:

  1. i love how eclectic your work is :) i think you're right about art, you can't really teach it. I mean, you can teach/learn different techniques but I think the general basis of art, you either have it or you don't.

    really love your pencil sketches, especially the dead tree :)
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun! I'm a fan of your art too =) xoxo

      Delete
  2. OMG WOMAN!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! My favorites are the shell and the rose! I get what you mean about art being a sense of calm! I feel the same way when I make some silly craft or when I take what I deem to be a really good photo! It has to be one that I have thought out and then taken for me to get that feeling! I like your writing too! (((:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lory, photography is the same for me, especially if I spend hours editing it to make it look what I think is cool or better =) xoxo

      Delete

Streat Life festival at Alexandra Palace

I'm all about festivals (I've been to 4 this year already) so when I heard about the street food and craft beer festival hap...